Friday, October 9, 2015

What Should Be Our Utmost Concern?


I read this quote today on FaceBook from a friend of mine:

After reading R.A. Torrey's book on "Personal Work"; I am reminded that the souls of people are what needs to concern us the most. In Proverbs we read: "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that winneth souls is wise." Have a great day in the Lord. Pastor Everett.

You know me, I am going to think through and analyze a quote like this. And I did. Here is what I think:

After reading, Jesus of Nazareth book, the Bible; I am reminded that the glory of God is what needs to concern us the most.


Rev 4:11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Re 5:13 -   And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

I think that all other things will be the automatic by-product of the one who is seeking and working to give God the glory in all things including the souls of people.

Mind you I am not trying to denigrate my friend or his philosophy, I just like to get it straight. God is all about His glory. Everything He does including the redeeming of sinners is for His glory. I think we mis-lead people when we say that anything other than the utmost glory to God is the most important concern for us.

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

Much food for thought here Gregg, I read this with interest,
Great post.
Yvonne.